Oct 1, 2016


The PRESTON Motors Corporation was organized in 1919 to manufacture automobiles  in Birmingham / Alabama.  R.A. Skinner was president and chief engineer. With $ 1,000,000 in capital the company built its Preston Motor Plant No. 1 on Vanderbuilt Road at 18th Avenue North where it built five-passenger touring cars and trucks.                   Early production models of 1920 were advertised as Prestons but soon, the name had been changed to Premocar. Their best year was 1921 when they sold 223 vehicles. Production ceased in 1923.
In four years 563 cars were sold,  so the emblem is a hard to find item.

Dimensionsca. 6.0 cm
Year1920 - 1923

For more beautiful car and truck emblems see older posts or list of car makers ( top right ).

No comments:

Post a Comment