Nov 19, 2021

SELVE / GERMANY

 SELVE / GERMANY  ( 1919  - 1929 )

 SELVE - Automobilwerke  AG was founded by Dr. Walther von Selve, who was already known for his merits in the introduction of light metal in automobile and aircraft construction.

In 1919, he acquired the SPERBER works in Hameln, which had already been successful with small cars before the First World War.

The company "Basse und Selve" from Altena / Westphalia produced the engines, which were also used by other manufacturers, e.g. Beckmann / Silesia and Mannesmann-Mulag.

Aluminum pistons were used in the engines installed at SELVE.

 The Basse & Selve engine manufacturer had its own emblem, in which, however, the triple star of the SELVE - Automobilwerke  was already visible:


advertisment of the Basse & Selve motor factory


emblem of the SELVE engine factory, located in Altena / Westphalia


Size
8.3 cm x 8.5 cm
Year1919 onwards
Estimate



another advertisment showing the triple star

In ten years about 3,000 SELVE vehicles were built.

All automobiles built from 1923 onwards had an oval radiator emblem:


oval emblem on a V - shaped radiator


Size 10.0 cm x 7.1 cm
Year1923 - 1927 
Estimate
 



1923 advertisment



1923 brochure ( front page ) for the 1921 SELVE type 6/24 and 8/30



 flat SELVE SELCTA emblem ( before all emblems were slightly vaulted )

Size 10.0 cm x 7.1 cm
Year1928 - 1929 
Estimate
 



Here you can read that the company opened a representative branch in Berlin in 1923.



photo of the Klaas Dierks collection published in: https://vorkriegs-klassiker-rundschau.blog/tag/selve/


For more emblems see older posts or top right ( list of car makers ).

When using a smartphone please use the button webview.

No comments:

Post a Comment