Jan 11, 2015

STEPHENS / USA

The STEPHENS automobile  production started in 1917.  The car was named after G.A. Stephens, the man who headed the company. The first STEPHENS was called the " Salient Six ". In 1923 they introduced a second model with a new badge. Their best years was 1921 with more than 3,500 cars sold.


The letters ML PO  in the blue circle are staying for Moline Plow, the mother company


Dimensions
 5.2 cm 
Year
1917 - 1922
Estimate





flat reverse with makers mark: BASTIAN  BROS. CO


No, there was no electric STEPHENS car; it was just the new design of the 1923 emblem





Dimensions
 5.5 cm x 7.8 cm
Year
1923 - 1924
Estimate




reverse with makers mark:  S.D. CHILDS CHICAGO



STEPHENS emblems with contemporary ad (1923)

For more beautiful car emblems see top right ( list of car makers ).

No comments:

Post a Comment