Oct 9, 2020

FAMO / GERMANY

The German FAMO  ( = FAHRZEUG- u. MOTORENWERKE G.M.B.H. ) was located in the city of  Breslau / Silesia ( Schlesien ) which was renamed Wroclaw in Poland after WWII. The company was founded in 1935 and specialised in agricultur technology. Towards the end of WWII they also  built heavy half-track trucks with a 12-cylinder engine from Maybach.

 All FAMO emblems are hard to find items.


large  emblem showing the traces of  decades

Size7.0 cm x 7.8 cm
Year1935 - 1945
Estimate


backside without makers mark


There is also a second version of this emblem showing three letters LHW :

emblem from the Murray Shears collection


1936 advertisment


Picture: Bundesarchiv, Bild 101I-312-0968-26A / Wittke / CC-BY-SA 3.0, CC BY-SA 3.0 de, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=5411015


close up showing the emblem on top of the radiator shell


For more emblems see older posts or top right ( list of car makers ).

When using a smartphone please use the button webview.

No comments:

Post a Comment